1992 Yale School of Art, New Haven, CT, MFA
1990 Rhode Island College, Providence, RI, BFA
2018 Transparent Factors, NIU Art Museum, Northern Illinois University, DeKalb, IL
– Salon, De Chiara Projects New York/Berlin, Garden Space, New York, NY
2017 VOLTA NY, De Chiara Projects New York/Berlin, New York, NY (solo)
2016 Kolne Liste Art 2016, De Chiara Projects New York/Berlin, Cologne, Germany
– Market: Art + Design, De Chiara Projects New York/Berlin, Bridgehampton Museum, Bridgehampton, NY
– Memory’s Landscape, GREEN SPACE, Rhode Island State Council on the Arts Public Art Program, T.F. Green Terminal, Warwick, RI
2015 Nor’easter, New Britain Museum of American Art, New Britain, Ct, curated by Sharon Butler
2014 Something Blue, Artspace, New Haven, CT
– Transcendent Landscapes, Drive-By Projects, Boston, MA
– 50 Years, Bristol Art Museum, Bristol, RI
– RISCA Fellowship Exhibition, Pawtucket Arts Collaborative Mill Gallery, Pawtucket, RI
2013 2013 RISCA Fellowship Exhibition, Jamestown Arts Center, Jamestown, RI
2012 Transplace, SAAHP Gallery, Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI (solo)
– Color Go Lightly… An Homage to Color, Gallery Valentine, Bridgehampton, NY, curated by Laurie DeChiara and Todd Hutcheson
2011 Boston Drawing Project, Carroll and Sons, Boston, MA
– Among the Breakage: New Painting from Providence, David Winton Bell Gallery, List Art Center, Brown University, Providence, RI,
– curated by Maya Allison and Neal Walsh
– Salve Regina Faculty Exhibit, Dorrance H. Hamilton Gallery, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI
2010 Faculty Exhibition, Bannister Gallery, Rhode Island College, Providence, RI
2009 Two Painters and a Sculptor, Bannister Gallery, Rhode Island College, Providence, RI
– Visual Aids Benefit, Metro Pictures, New York, NY
2008 Regin Igloria and Ernest Jolicoeur, Pratt at Munson Williams Proctor Institute of Art, Utica, NY
– Amy Wynne Derry and Ernest Jolicoeur: New Work, Chazan Gallery at Wheeler, Providence, RI
– Fidelity Investment’s All Media, The Providence Art Club, Providence, RI
2006 Then and Now, Bannister Gallery, Rhode Island College, Providence, RI
2005 Annual Faculty Show, Community College of Rhode Island, Warwick, RI
2004 The Ludovico Treatment, Mullerdechiara Gallery, Berlin, Germany, curated by David Hunt
– Pantone, Massimo Audiello, NY, curated by David Hunt
– MACO, Mexico Arte Contemporaneo, Mexico City, Mexico, in cooperation with Mullerdechiara Gallery, Berlin
2003 Anywhere But Here, Jeff Bailey Gallery, NY
– Abstract per se, Red Dot, NY
2001 Running in Flip Flops, Feature Inc., NY
– Galerie m du B, F, H & g, Montreal, Canada, in cooperation with Feature Inc., NY (solo)
– Jello, Frederieke Taylor Gallery, NY, curated by Max Henry
– New New York, Eastern Connecticut State University, Willimantic, CT
2000 Greater New York, MoMA PS1, Long Island City, NY
– Aintings and Rawings, Feature Inc., NY
1999 Summer, Kagan Martos Gallery, NY
– Size Matters, Gale Gates et al., Brooklyn, NY
1998 Everaftermath, Silverstein Gallery, NY (solo)
– GlyphRiff, Stefanelli Exhibition Space, NY
– Olga Adelantado, Ernest Jolicoeur and David McMurray, Elga Wimmer, NY
1997 Rumbleseat, Silverstein Gallery, NY (solo)
– University of North Carolina at Pembroke, Pembroke, NC (solo)
– Prosthetic Garden, Silverstein Gallery, NY
1996 White Columns at Green Hill, Green Hill Center for North Carolina Art, Greensboro, NC, curated by Bill Arning
– Art/Ex Gallery, Stamford Museum, Stamford, CT (solo)
1995 Thomas Barry Fine Arts, Minneapolis, MN
– Accor, Paris, France
– Faculty Exhibition, Bell Gallery, Coker College, Hartsville, SC
1994 479 Gallery, Philadelphia, PA
– American Drawing Biennial IV, Muscarelle Museum of Art, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA
1993 North/South, Centro Colombo Americano, traveled to Meddellin, Bogota, Bucaramanga and Cali, Colombia (catalogue)
1992 A Quiet Invasion, Lorraine Kessler Gallery, Poughkeepsie, NY
– M.F.A. Thesis Exhibition, A&A Gallery, Yale University, New Haven, CT
1991 Faculty Exhibition, Yale Summer School of Art and Music, Norfolk, CT
1990 Partners of the Americas: Rhode Island/Sergipe Visual Arts Exchange, Centro de Artes Alusio Magalhaes, San Cristova, Sergipe,
– Brazil traveled to The Providence Art Club, Providence, RI
HONORS AND AWARDS
2019 Rhode Island State Council on the Arts Fellowship in Painting
2017 Antone Academic Excellence Award for Special Projects
2014 Rhode Island State Council on the Arts Fellowship in Drawing
2013 Rhode Island State Council on the Arts Merit Fellowship in Drawing
2006 Artist Resource Trust Foundation Grant
1993 Nominee for the Louis Comfort Tiffany Award
1992 Ely Harwood Schless Memorial Fund Prize
– Rhode Island School of Design Museum, Providence, RI
– New Britain Museum of Art, New Britain, CT
– Salve Regina University, Newport, RI
2014 Cate McQuaid, “Natural Beauty,” The Boston Globe, October 08, 2014.
– Patricia Lacouture, “Diverse Faculty Art Exhibitted at Salve,” Newport This Week, October 09, 2014, Page 24.
2012 Suzanne Volmer, “Locating Place,” Artscope, November/December 2012, page 39.
2011 Doug Norris, “Sea-Struck,” Blog on a Half Shell, Monday, December 12, 2011
– Greg Cook, “Among the Breakage Scratches the Surface of the Bell Gallery,” The Providence Phoenix, June 28.
– Bill Van Siclen, “Breaking Up, and Making Up Artistic Disciplines at Brown,” Providence Journal, June 16, page D9.
2009 Greg Cook, “Mixing It Up,” The Providence Phoenix, June 26-July 21, page 20.
2008 Doug Norris, “New Work: Amy Wynne Derry & Ernest Jolicoeur,” Art New England, April/May, page 40.
– Bill Van Siclen, “Drawing and Sculpture Intertwined,” Providence Journal, January 31, page E6.
– Kathie Raleigh, “An Abstract View of the Land,” Woonsocket Call, January 27, page B1.
– Greg Cook, “Tale of the Tape,” The Phoenix, January 29.
2004 Roberta Smith, “Pantone,” New York Times, January 9, page 43.
2001 Max Henry, “When Painting Meets Digital,” Tema Celeste, May June, page 59.
2000 Barbara A. MacAdam, “Greater New York,” Artnews, May, page 226.
– William Zimmer, Form, Color and More From 25 Artists, New York Times, Connecticut Edition, Sunday, August 13, page 17.
2000 Max Henry, Gotham Dispatch, Artnet, June 5.
– Max Henry, Gotham Dispatch, Artnet, March 3.
1999 J. Bowyer Bell, “Size Matters,” Review, October 15, page 48.
1998 Monica Geran, “Art and Soul, Interior Design,” September, page 250.
1996 Tom Patterson, “Curator Gives Green Hill Exhibit Depth and Variety,” Winston-Salem Journal, February 18, 1996, page E2.
2015-2018 Salve Regina University, Newport, RI, Assistant Professor
2005-2015 Rhode Island College, Providence, RI, Adjunct Instructor
2007-2015 Salve Regina University, Newport, RI, Adjunct Instructor
2004-2006 Community College of Rhode Island, Warwick, RI, Adjunct Instructor
1994-1995 Coker College, Hartsville, SC, Visiting Lecturer
1991-1992 Yale School of Art, New Haven, CT, Teaching Assistant
1991 Yale Summer School of Art and Music, Norfolk, CT, Teaching Assistant
VISITING ARTIST LECTURES
2017 University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT
2016 School of Visual Arts, New York, NY
2012 Roger Williams University, Bristol, RI
2011 Brown University, Providence, RI
– RISD Summer Program, Rhode Island School of Design, Providence, RI
2008 Pratt at Munson Williams Proctor Arts Institute, Utica, NY
– The Wheeler School, Providence, RI
2007 University of Wisconsin at Eau Claire, Eau Claire, WI
2006 Framingham State College, Framingham, MA
2004 Rhode Island College, Providence, RI
2002 Munson-Williams Proctor Institute, Utica, NY
2000 Eastern Connecticut State University, Williamantic, CT
1999 Brandeis University, Waltham, MA
– Yale School of Art, New Haven, CT
1997 University of North Carolina at Pembroke, Pembroke, NC
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
2011-2018 Gallery Director, Dorrance H. Hamilton Gallery, Salve Regina University, Newport, RI
– Manage all aspects of university art gallery
1996-2018 Sculpture Fabricator and Special Projects Coordinator, NYC, NY and Scituate, RI
– Project-based work for museums, galleries, architects and artists
1996-1999 Exhibitions Preparator and Art Handler, Tanya Bonakdar Gallery, NYC, NY
– Installation, preparation, handling and inventory management of all art work